Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The influence....

I am now habituated to buy books as a remembrance of a place where I visit…One such book was Michael Palin’s Himalaya which I am reading now…I bought this book at Dharamsala as a remembrance and Its all about his journey from Khyber Pass that was the starting point of Himalayas to Bangladesh, the ending point of the renowned snow capped mountain range…I wondered "what influenced him to make such a journey in his life?...and the words in the book stirred up my lingering memories towards nature…

I firmly believe that our present and future actions are based on influences of the past...Influence could be any….circumstances & people who lead us to that circumstances,….I am more influenced by nature than circumstances. Because circumstances change, People change but nature never changes….

My acquaintance with Himalayas is two years old now….This happened because of my stay in Dehradun for two years .Being failed in all my efforts to find a job after completing my engineering, I was totally lost and left with an unfulfilled dream “getting a job in Chennai and enjoying life with friends”….. My life always turns impartial to me when I ask compromise for my mistakes and it gives me judgment which I am not
prepared for….While doing my engineering I was easy going with life and imbibed with all sort of activities other than studies and never dreamt of other option if I left out with no job after college…the same occurred ....Not overconfidence in me but this time I failed because of my over confidence with the society thinking that it will welcome me with the red carpet…later I realized society does not…I knocked all the doors and there was no reply for my call…..

Finally I gave up and started my journey to dehradun for doing post graduation…With lot of questions about my future and newly accumulated fears in mind, I prepared myself for this journey without knowing that it is going to change my life one day…Staying away from home is not a question for me because I have already spent my school and college days in hostel…...But this time everything had turned into a question....from language to food, living, people climate etc…...Bearing all hopes and fears, I reached Chennai central with my parents and friends and there i got a chance to meet around 10 guys who are also joining the same college… that to the same course in which I have enrolled on...One of my fear was reduced after knowing them all and I started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel without knowing the distance to reach the light….
to be continued...............



0 comments: